What Does Family Christian's Haiti Challenge Mean?
By now, I hope you know what Family Christian is up to next week. If not, let me give you a brief overview:
- November 29, 30 and December 1, they are donating 100% of their proceeds toward building the new orphange at Ft. Jacques. You can go to The Haiti Challenge to read more about it.
- This includes online sales as well as sales in stores. So if you don't want to go out and brave the crowds, fire up your computer and shop that way.
- If you don't want to buy anything, if you donate to their effort on their site, they will match it $1 for $1.
What is their goal? They want to raise $500,000 for building the new orphanage at Ft. Jacques. That $500,000 goal will complete (we hope) the main house/nursery/NICU/offices. The goal is for them to have that completely covered.
Would that be an awesome thing? As Karen Kingsbury described it - a "God sized goal."
If you'd like us to have the funding lined up to build the nursery/main house/NICU, can you do three things?
- Share this blog post with your friends and urge them to shop at Family Christian next Friday, Saturday or Sunday. They can even shop online if they go to http://www.familychristian.com/
- Pray that it will be successful and that people will be moved to help us accomplish this goal.
- Next Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday, shop at Family Christian stores to help us out.
It's an exciting time and an awesome way for us to have a truly game changing event in the future of GLA. Thank you in advance for your help.
Posted on Thu, November 21, 2013
by Tom Vanderwell